[Finished] PF2 - Forgotten Realms Heroic Romp (Thurs 8-11 EDT)

The kobold caviler could be fun as long as it rode on a goblin dog mount.

Get outta here with that goblin dog mount nonsense :smirk:. The Kobold Kavalier rides a riding drake straight outta the APG (pg 145).

Good luck not having any decent militia go DRAKE! and light it up with the ballista before you get into hailing range.

Riding drake be nimble,riding drake be quick
Riding drake ride right through the ballista firing dicks.

Ummm, you didn’t watch out DM throw down crit 20’s like water in that alley. Yeah - good luck Red Barold.

1 Like

Aw yeah, bringin the crittage like it’s goin outta style!

/flex

Shoulda been workin on SF or PF2 adventure/campaign stuff, but decided to finally jump back into Pathfinder: Kingmaker now that it’s got the native turn-based mode. Oh, hot damn I dislike this game.

The turn-based is great. Everything else is annoying as fuck. I didn’t even get to the kingdom management bullshit. Heck I gave up at level 2 this time 'cause instead of making my own party of mercenaries I decided to run with the in-game companions. And they suuuuuuck. That count down timer towards failing the game outright hanging over your head like the Sword of Damocles suuuuuucks. Stopping every 5 minutes of game time while you “hexplore” around the map and then having to stop and rest due to fatigue suuuuucks. The CR of encounters you face in this random hexploration world suuuuucks. Having to build your main PC a specific way to overcome the initial game skill challenges suuuuucks. Having no casters in your party (you made a martial character to overcome skill challenges remember) means you can’t deal with swarms, heal ability damage, and overcome/mitigate the ubiquitous fear spell, all things you’ll face in the first few hours of the game 'cause all the neutral/good NPCs are martials too (bard don’t count), and that suuuucks. This game suuuuucks.

I am not looking forward to Wrath of the Righteous and that makes me sad.

Hopefully the PF2 homebrew campaign will be realized.

For what its worth, I haven’t played more than about half an hour into Kingmaker (the CRPG) and I have no plans of playing any more so if you need a backup AP in case the homebrew proves to be too much work, I’d be down for tabletop Kingmaker.

Oh thank goodness that that won’t be possible until 2021. I thought it was abundantly clear that Kingmaker suuuucks…

I’ve been going through so many lists of best adventures, best APs, best starting modules, etc. There’s a lot of shit opinions out there on the intarwebs.

• Tomb of Horrors
  • Expedition to the Barrier Peaks
  • Village of Hommlet
  • Lost Temple of Tharizdun
  • Dragons of Despair
  • Temple of Elemental Evil
  • Secrets of Saltmarsh
  • Castle Amber
  • Keep on the Borderlands
  • Against the Giants
  • Queen of the Demonweb Pits

This weren’t “good” they were just a) popular and b) we remember them. Rose tinted farking glasses.

Kingmaker is one of the most popular Paizo APs ever, that doesn’t make it good, it suuuuucks…

Suuuuuucks…

Okay, but just in case the homebrew campaign falls through, there is a back up plan, right?

Suuuuucks…

Are you saying you want Thursday night to run Rise of the Runelords? Have at it!

Honestly I wish I could say that. I have to say that particular AP doesn’t have quite the same effect on me as it seems to have on everyone else (although the second adventure is pretty dope). Maybe it’s because I’ve read it with the eyes of a GM but not experienced it as a player.

Don’t forget to download your Secret of Magic playtest PDF (if you care.)

1 Like

I am, just so I can look at Magus and dream wistfully.

OK, I have to set Magus aside because now I HAVE to play a Kobold Summoner with a Dragon eidolon. Gonna be a loooong wait until I can see that vision fulfilled.

I bet if you ask nicely, Rando will let you play the test version :slight_smile:

I’ve got no probs with anyone wanting to try the test versions of the Magus and Summoner. That’s sorta why Paizo has released the playtest document!

So, based on the results of the questionnaire’s (and feedback from you guys), the main big super bad guy of the adventure has actually changed!

So now I know where you are starting and where you are ending, I just don’t know how y’all are going to get from point A to point B.

I’ve got a bit of choice paralysis. There’s soooo many options available.

Remember when I was pitching the idea of a Hogwartsesque magical academy adventure?

The next 6-part AP (after Agents of Edgewatch and the two 3-part ones coming in the next half-year) from Paizo for PF2 does exactly that!

As long as the place isn’t named Hogwarts because that is a dumb name.