[Finished] PF2 - Big Troubles in Little Otari Extravaganza (Sundays, 8-11 EDT)

New info and/or reminder(s):

• y’all are responsible for your own portrait/image for your character; that can only be changed client side
  • however, tokens (to represent your character on maps) is done server side, so I’ll need a copy

You can turn your portrait/image into a token here.

I use the default circle shape/outline for all the NPCs; you can pick whatever colour you want for your own token, though I don’t recommend grays, browns, greens, white or black - they have a tendency to disappear into the background of most maps.

After you make your token, send me a link so I can download it and have it ready for play.

Hey guys, Last nights session was kinda fun, and I’m excited to see how the group dynamic evolves. Perhaps not as exciting as blasting through hyperspace on the heels of uber-hellknights, but hey… gotta start somewhere, and any session where @Rando can’t drop one of us is a good session :wink:

Looking forward to the adventure.

I agree, I had fun. It is a bit of a system shock switching systems for me and using Fantasy Grounds(I had not used it since like 2019 or so) again. So, next time should be smoother on my end :slight_smile:

No worries man, we’re here to help. It’s got it’s quirks, just like any other platform, but it works well enough to not get in the way for the most part.

Unless you tempt the DM’s Pink Crit Dice… then shall you cry out loudly for MERCY!!!

Enjoy the game guys…

Mith

2 Likes

Well we made it through 2 encounters (3 including the cliff) after only 1.5 hours of play.

The Single Encounter Knights have come a long way!

Not the Pink Crit Dice of Doom!!! I can hear the voices…

"Come on Quixote… Come a little closer…

IT

“Roll for initiative… We all Crit down here…”

I was digging through some previous dev comments and found this by James Jacobs: “The newly announced Pathfinder standalone adventure is “Shadows at Sundown,” by Landon Winkler. It’ll be out early next year, and is set in Korvosa. Plot = People are seeing the ghost of Queen Ileosa, and your PCs are hired to investigate what’s going on. For 11th–13th level characters”

Maybe a nice follow up to Abomination Vaults?

Too soon??

I did see that. Maybe a little early?

But…

Some of the hype is the nostalgia factor. If ones never played Curse of the Crimson Throne then they probably don’t care anything about Korvosa, nor know who Queen Ileosa even is.

Yeah, I don’t know anything about Ileosa. Just seemed like a good opportunity to pick up after Abomination Vaults.

From what I read, the devs are trying to set new APs in places that haven’t really been explored in the official APs yet. And the stand alone modules are more going for places that already have a published AP. Honestly I don’t mind b/c the 1e APs I haven’t played kind of become background lore for somebody like me.

I need a Stasian Guitar.

I wonder if I could get the same effect from a wisp familiar :thinking:

Gosh it’s only Thursday? Can’t wait until Sunday night’s session :joy: .

It sounds like everyone had a good time and I’m really glad because I like PF2e a lot.

We left off on a cliffhanger and that room with the undead looks like a potentially difficult encounter in which we could be outnumbered. In that case the risk of being flanked is high so I thought it might be worth reviewing what that does.

The -2 penalty to AC may not sound like much but because of the way critical hits work under normal circumstances that will usually mean going from a 5% chance of crit to 15%.

+1

FWIW - being able to flank is a big part of how the swashbuckler works. Expect Kob to try and provide that flank as much as possible in our favor.

1 Like

Reminder: we’re off the following two weeks for the holidays (Dec 26th and Jan 2nd) and we’ll be resuming on Jan 9th. Prepare for 2nd level as well!

1 Like

I completely forgot about my Lingering Composition focus spell tonight. Oh well, now I have something for my new year’s resolution :joy:.

Do you have to? Do you have to? Do you have to let it linger?

/evade

Should have used “/nimble dodge”

Hey y’all,

So, um I’ve been thinking about my character’s class - the Bard. It’s a good, powerful, and impactful class.

But it occurs to me that I don’t really “get” the Bard fantasy and it doesn’t really fit this particular character - Emilie - who is 100% human (:wink: :crossed_fingers:). I think a better class fit for this character would be a divine sorcerer (specifically Undead bloodline) because this is a character I actually concocted way back before Covid but haven’t played yet because we’ve always had a Cleric in the party.

So, if I went with this, it would mean the party would lose Inspire Courage which is objectively really nice to have in a party full of martials. However, the party would gain a more capable healer - probably not as powerful as a Cleric - but still pretty good. I’d have to give up some INT boosts and recall knowledge ability for Arcana and Occultism but could pick up a little Religion and Nature (if we need it). We would still need @Stompey or another character to pick up Medicine for out of combat heals. In theory, Emilie could also take Medicine to Treat Wounds but for RP reasons… may or may not be a good idea.)

Anyway would everyone else be okay with this? I know it will kind of suck to lose Inspire Courage but I’ll also be able to compensate a little bit with more Demoralize and Bon Mot actions and again the in-combat healing will be slightly more effective/plentiful.

PS - Happy Winter Solstice!

PPS - Undead bloodline sorcerers get some really amazing blasting powers at higher levels but that’s a long, long way off.

Play whatever you want to play. I’ll be trying to improve my combat medicine.

Cheers

1 Like