[Closed] PF2 - Gatewalkers (Thursday, 7:30-10:30 EDT), trading off with Grapper, et al

So yep we’re going to be using circular tokens. Character portraits are independent of tokens, so get both posted here so we can get those updated. If you don’t care if the token is different than the portrait just post the portrait and I can make a token from that.

1 Like

what I have so far

Chauncy Token

1 Like

you have hoofs :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Sir Chauncy Cavinaugh, known far and wide, at least as far and wide as he has talked about himself, is proclaimed as the greatest actor of all time…… OF ALL TIME! You’ve heard people described as having piercing blue eyes? Sir Chauncy Cavinaugh tells a story of how once while he was on stage some debutante in the front row was trying to chat up the gentleman to whom she was seated adjacent. From the stage he simply stared at her…. and accidentally killed her! Stared her directly in the eyes and stabbed her in the brain with them. She fell dead and was not removed until the first act was completed. There is a special place in hell for the people who talk in the theater. His “haunting fey aspect”, as he has been known to describe himself, has been a major factor in his success. Alongside his charm, wit and peerless acting ability.

Sir Chauncy Cavinaugh is rumored to be taking a sabbatical from acting. He was overheard declaring that there is a shortage of great plays. That he may retire completely if there is not another great work created. Nobody knows what he will do with his time away from the stage. His publicist has made vague comments about Sir Cavinaugh needing time to “recharge and reflect”. He will “probably” seek out a new muse…. “maybe at a spa”? It certainly has NOTHING to do with his One-Act-Play “The Show Must Go On” where he plays the role of himself, was declared “a flop” by the Golarion Gazetteer. The single character in the play, Sir Chauncy Cavinaugh, dies backstage but his mortal remains rise up in undeath to still perform and receives a standing ovation that goes on for two hours.

This is all I have so far for a backstory. I may be able to tie his sabbatical into whatever adventure we end up doing.

1 Like

Oh yeah!

Like @Uglybugger mentioned as a possible solution - which is something I and other GMs had thought about - to the rebels hiding in plain sight “problem” of this campaign, yes divination spells don’t work 100% as written in the rules.

The city of Kintargo is built upon a powerful nexus of ley-lines and thusly all divination magic higher than level 1 must succeed at a DC 5 flat check to function on top of whatever rules they have.

1 Like

I am Zuzu Chapwith. My “troupe” has made a reasonable living performing our acrobatic comedy shows for passersby on the street. Of course, the crowds aren’t always as generous as they should be, so we sometimes aid them by collecting directly from their coin purses.

One of our troupe, named Gregor, would often tell me how much better the Kintargo would be if it were free. Though he never said so, I often suspected that he was part of the Silver Ravens. I haven’t seen him since martial law was imposed, and when I started looking for him I got word to meet a mysterious person in Aria Park for more information.

2 Likes

how about wards at our base? or free magic items that block divination attempts…

@Rando I sent you a message and my Herolab Export for my character in Discord. I don’t know if it’s the right export or not.

I’m cheap. I use the free version. so it’s not as pretty as Deamoro’s

1 Like

@Rando sent you the element token.

Queck was orphaned at a very young age, he ran into the woods and hid as his village was massacred. After maybe years living in the wilds foraging and living among the forest sprites he happened upon a cart with a broken wheel being repaired by an old Gnome. Watching from the shadows he saw many wonderful looking devices in the cart. Queck snuck into the cart and was mesmerized by the many weird and wonderful devices. Suddenly Queck heard the old Gnomes voice from just outside the cart “What do you think your doing in My cart you little bugger!”. Queck darted from the vehicle as fast as he could and sprinted for the nearest bush, just before he reached safety there was a loud explosion and he found himself trapped in a net. The Gnome said “now your a quick little one, what are you doing out here all alone?”. Having known several Elves in his long years he knew Queck was far too young to be alone in the deep woods. After Queck stopped struggling to free himself, the old Gnome asked him his name. Queck mimicked what he had heard the Gnome call him moments before but having not spoken to another living soul in years said “Queck?”.

Queck lived with the kind Gnome Beoruweald for several decades learning to be a civilized person again. Beoruweald taught him Gnomish and how to speak his native tongue Elven again. Queck was a quick study and became an accomplished marksman with the firearms Beoruweald made. Beoruweald could see the wanderlust in Quecks eyes and knew the day would come when he wanted to go and explore the world.

The day finally arrived, Queck hoisted the pack on his back ran his fingers over the pummel of his pistol as he left his home walking towards Kintargo…

The Queck and the dead?

2 Likes

Dangit! Now I want to play a skeleton again!

I deny and confirm nothing

So @Uglybugger found me a conversion that someone did of Hell’s Rebels from PF1 to PF2. I bought it.

It has it’s own updated player’s guide, I’ll see about getting that info to y’all.

Good News: All the work is done for scaling encounters, NPC statblocks, treasure, etc

Bad News: The level scaling is the same as the original PF1 adventure, from levels 1 to (only) 17.

2 Likes

As I’m thinking about a character I ask what classes we have or need. The class list isn’t updated (bad DM) so I looked through the chat and it looks like we have…

Grapper- Rouge
Eddy- Marksman/Swashbuckler
Daemoro- Bard
Ugly- Cleric
Makuzi- Something??

1 Like

Eddy mentioned changing something about his class but I dont remember what… mostly he started talking and I just zoned oit like I usually do when he is talking. :slight_smile:
The rest of the list looks accurate. Im going to use my free dedication for champion so I will be wearing heavy armor and using a shield along with my bardic abilities as we progress.

1 Like

Gunslinger Drifter - Investigator

Just like I told Deamoro, he also agreed to loan me $100 in the same conversation

1 Like

Updated OP with start dates for um… things.

So I’ve perused the updated player’s guide that I got from that other source @Uglybugger turned me on to and I um… like mine better so we’re using mine.

However, the author of that PF2 conversion did do a huge simplification of the Rebellion Management rules (using input from other PF2 community contributors). We’ll talk about that this coming Thursday.

We’ve got the backgrounds from my updated player’s guide in Foundry now. You’ll have to manually add your choice of Lore skill based on your background choice. There’s also no field for the custom feat I guess that does the circumstance bonuses to “face” skills when talking to certain NPC groups, so we’ll have to figure out how to do that or just 'member when playing.

1 Like