Build a 2020 game computer on the cheap! $550

I’ve seen a couple YouTube video’s by this gent and this one really peaked my interest. Thought I would share it here in the event you too are looking to build on the cheap a reasonably quality game computer. $550! I purchased a few minor upgrades to his setting and I am pretty much a newb when it comes to “building” a computer. Only one prior build from some 6 years earlier.

Enjoy! Well worth the watch!

3 Likes

This is cool and informative! I love the step through of the build. Thanks for posting. Another helpful site I’ve used for my own builds is https://www.logicalincrements.com/

If you mouse over the various components, it’ll give you a general idea on the performance. I’ve built a couple of machines using them as a resource and have been pretty happy.

1 Like

Very nice.
Thank you, 'o @Wizewon, so wise indeed! :bowing_man: :takemymoney:

1 Like

Nice video. Maybe would have added some words about handling of components to prevent static discharge (“don’t touch the circuitry, beware carpets and dry weather”) , but even that is a fairly rare problem today. But, yeah, every connector is keyed, don’t force anything, and with a decent component list the actual build does go just about as quickly as the video. Even canned water cooling, suitable for modest over-clocking, is drop-in ready. This video would be an equally good guide for a ~$1500 system, only most of the parts would cost more (and the CPU connector may be harder to reach).

3 Likes